Detroit LANDMARK TRANSFORMED INTO COLLABORATIVE OFFICES
The 1920s-era classic revival Federal Reserve Building is historically significant for its glass annex, designed by Minoru Yamasaki in 1951. After sitting empty for a decade, ROSSETTI reimaged the dark corridors of the fourth floor by transforming the space into an urban loft-concept for its own offices. Space-planned into a series of open, collaborative workplace scenarios; the design includes a 2,700-square-foot outdoor patio overlooking Detroit’s downtown core. The design celebrates the bones of the building through natural patinas, including distressed wood, concrete and metal.